Thank you so much for the cards and gifts this week to celebrate Teacher Appreciation Week. I LOVE my job and your kinders! I am very grateful and blessed to spend my days with them.
POPCORN WORDS: HAVE. ON. OF
READING: We continued our study about characters. We made connections to how the characters in books are feeling. We looked at their facials expressions, body language and actions to help us learn more about them. We read some of our favorite books like Llama Llama, Little Critter and Froggy.
Looking at their facial expressions. How are they feeling?
. Looking at their body language. How do they look?
Looking at their actions. What are they doing?
WRITING: We revisited small moment stories this week. We started by thinking of a story that is absolutely true and all about you. We told the story to ourselves and then to a friend (what happened first, next and last). We drew a quick sketch of the beginning, the middle and the end on sticky notes. Then we started writing our story! We made a cover page, a beginning, middle and end. We added pictures and labels to our writing and did our best work! I am so proud of how hard the kinders worked.
LITERACY/PHONICS: Some of the activities we worked on this week were:
- sorting pictures having short a and short i sounds
- writing words and sentences with a and i vowels
- finding popcorn words in books
- making words in the -og word family
- reading a short story and answering comprehension questions
- listening for beginning and ending sounds in words
- looking for mistakes in sentences (capitals, punctuation) and fixed them
MATH: The kinders learned about the words greater than, less than and equal. We counted objects and compared them, telling which group was greater, less, equal. Then we crossed out or added objects to make the groups equal. We also made teen numbers of 11-20 and wrote number equations, noticing how the partners switch places (4+2=6 and 2+4=6). The kinders had fun walking around the room finding hidden pictures and solving the addition problems. The kinders have grown SO much in their math skills!
KOOL KINDER AND THE SURPRISE BAG AND THE GUESSING BAG: The items this week M&M’s, candy, goldfish crackers, gummy bears and beads.
We celebrated a birthday. Thank you for the birthday treat!!
I hope that ALL mothers and grandmothers have a beautiful day on Sunday. You play such an important role in your kinder’s life. Your kinder loves you very much. I hope that you enjoy the small gift that your kinder made for you. They were very excited to take it home! 🙂
- Bring 2 snacks each day to school and a water bottle with a spill proof lid please.
- Return take home books and library books on Wednesday. We only have a few weeks left! 🙂
- Watch the weather. Please keep in mind that even though the season is spring, some days will be cold, wet and rainy. Please continue to send a coat, with your kinder. Boots are not needed unless it rains. Thanks! .
- Thank you for sending in jokes! We had a lot of giggles and laughs. 🙂
*Monday, May 10—ART
*Tuesday, May 11—STEAM
*Wednesday, May 12—MUSIC; TAKE HOME BOOKS & LIBRARY Don’t forget your books! Thank you for taking the time to write comments about your kinder’s reading of their TAKE HOME books. That is so helpful 🙂
*Thursday, May 13—GYM
*Friday, May 14–ART Bring a flashlight to read with today.
***Have a WONDERFUL weekend. Mrs. Bohl