Week 7 at HOME—(May 4-8)

April Showers bring May flowers.  Mix in some beautiful days of sunshine and it was exciting to see flowers begin to bloom over this last week!  To be able to get outside and feel the sunshine gave my heart so much joy!  Mrs. Bohl enjoyed working in the backyard.  I hope you are enjoying some wonderful moments during these beautiful days! 

Morning Message:  Hello amazing kinders!  My heart is so full by watching all of you learn from home.  I am wishing each and every one of you a fabulous week!

Love, Mrs. Bohl

Popcorn Words:  bymyone

Math 

• I can find all the number partners for numbers up to 10.  For example, these are a couple of number partners that equal 10:  1 + 9 = 10, 2 + 8 = 10, 3 + 7 = 10, and so on. 
  • I can solve number stories.  For example, if I saw 5 kites flying in the air and 1 fell down, how many kites were left flying in the air?  4 kites were left flying in the air. 

ELA:

• I can look at a Non-fiction book and tell what it is mostly about.  Journal Prompt: In the spring, I like to _____.
  • I can use Non-fiction feature power (bold words and labels).  Look for these features in a Non-fiction book.  Journal Prompt:  If I could be an animal, I would be a _____ because ____.
  • I can use Non-fiction feature power (headings, colored words).  Journal Prompt:  Write about one thing you have seen in spring and write a sentence or two about it.

Specials: 

• Monday – STEAM, the code is: kot3fis
  • Tuesday – GYM, the code is: fc5u2nq
  • Wednesday – MUSIC – the code is: w6us5ym
  • Thursday – ART, the code is: jcv3vln  

Reminders:

• I want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all of your effort, encouragement, and support during this learning at home time!  PLEASE reach out at any time if you ever have any questions!
  • We have a Mother’s Day virtual project in the works.  Thank you to those who have sent me your kinder’s picture of them holding or making a heart with their hands!  If you haven’t sent me a picture please do so by Friday, May 8. 
  • May Morning Work and our May calendar are both located at the top of our blog for your use.   
  • I LOVE seeing the pictures of your kinder learning at home!  Be sure to check out our blog each day for learning at home pictures.
  • Please check out our district website for  HPS District Covid-19 Updates
 print