Week 4 at HOME (April 13-17)

Welcome Back from Spring Break

We are starting a new week of learning at home, and I am missing my kinders SO much!!! Please give them all a big squeeze for me. I hope you were able to get outside and enjoy the beautiful sunshine over break! Below you will see a layout of what the kinders will be learning about on Google Classroom this week. If you have any questions about how to access any of this, please send me an email! It is a lot to remember and figure out. I am more than happy to help!!!

Morning Message 

Dear Kinders, These last couple of days have been rainy. We have seen a lot of birds in our backyard. They have been looking for worms!

Popcorn Words: these, they

Math

• Using math mountains to represent partners for numbers 2-10.
  • Solving addition and subtraction word problems.

Writing

• Write about what you did over spring break and send a picture to me if you would like!

Reading 

• Using sound power to help you read.
  • Retelling a familiar story using talking stems.
  • Read every day!

Social Studies

• Deciding if something is a want or a need.

Specials

If you have not joined the specials classes yet, the codes are listed below. To do this, you will need to go up to the 3 horizontal lines on the left of our Google Classroom page and click on add class. You will then enter the codes you see below!

• Monday – STEAM, the code is: kot3fis
  • Tuesday – GYM, the code is: fc5u2nq
  • Wednesday – MUSIC, the code is: w6us5ym
  • Thursday – ART, the code is: jcv3vln

All Kinder Virtual Learning Reminders

• To access the videos that go along with our lessons, make sure you are on your kinder’s school email! This is important because our Google Classrooms are linked to their emails only.
  • At this point you are not required to turn in any of the assignments we assign on Google Classroom. Also, we have not asked that you attach any documents that you may have filled out for the lesson. You are more than welcome to send me pictures of your kinder’s completed work! I LOVE seeing what they are doing at home and I am happy to post their pictures on our blog.
  • All of the teachers will be meeting later this week, so I am hoping to give you more answers to your questions after that! Please check the blog often for these updates!!
  • Keep doing an AMAZING job! You are all wonderful parents, and I am so grateful for all the hard work you have been doing at home!!!