Happy Monday Kinders! I hope that you had a great weekend! Can you believe all of the snow! Bundle up and play outside today! Here is today’s video:
Here are the directions for the DICE GAME I found on a Pinterest site called The Many Little Joys.
- 2-4 dice
- 10 small counters (pennies,Goldfish crackers, legos, Shopkins, etc.)
- Each player starts with 2 dice and 5 counters.
- The objective of the game is to capture all of the other player’s counters.
- On the count of three, both players roll their dice. Each player adds up the sum of his/her two dice, and whoever has a higher number gets to “take” a counter from the other player.
- Continue playing until one player has ALL 10 counters. You can set a timer and declare the winner to be the person with the most counters when it goes off, if it takes too long to collect the counters.
- Getting doubles trumps any other number, and you get to take TWO counters from the other player (This rule helps the game go faster, I think).
- You could practice subtraction instead of addition skills. Subtract the smaller number from the bigger number, and the player with the larger difference gets to take a counter from the other player.
HATS OFF FOR READING….at home
Today’s read aloud is Come Home Already by Jory John
Read aloud by Nora!!! 🙂 Kinders, send me a video of you reading and I will be HAPPY to add it to our blog.