DAY 100: Wow! Can you believe it? Today we celebrated 100 days of learning in kindergarten.
All day long we did activities revolving around the number 100! We read books, we made a special Day 100 hat and badge, we counted to 100, we played math games identifying 100 numbers, we showed our 100 collections, we did 100 exercises and so much more.
100 COLLECTIONS: Thank you for helping your kinder collect and count 100 items! They brought in fantastic, creative collections!
RACE TO 100
The kinders practiced counting to 100 and “counting on” from a given number by playing the Race to 100 game.
The kinders learned how to flip a penny, recognize heads or tails, and record the results of the penny toss. They had lots of practice with this skill because they worked towards flipping a penny 100 times!!!
100 MINUTES OF PLAY
Throughout the day, our class was able to enjoy 100 minutes of play time (recess, break times, and play centers). Here are some of the play centers the kinders enjoyed.
- GUMBALL MACHINE CRAFT: Kinders used do-a-dots to make 100 gum balls.
- 100 BLOCKS: Kindes built structures out of 100 wooden blocks and pattern blocks.
- 100 CUPS: Kinders made towers & castles using 100 red plastic cups.
- 100 TEDDY BEARS & VEHICLES: Kinders used teddy bears and vehicles to sort.
- 100 DAY COLORING PAGE: Kinders colored a picture.
We are excited to have more days of learning in kindergarten ahead of us.