OH ME! OH MY! We have begun our 3rd round of our Kool Kinder activities. The kinders and Snuggles are super excited because Snuggles is inviting himself to be a guest at your house. Yippee!
Again, we are randomly drawing out a name to see who will be the next Kool Kinder. When chosen, that kinder will be bringing home an extra backpack which belongs to Snuggles. Inside you will find….Snuggles, his blanket, his PJ’s, his favorite book, crayons, and the Sleep Over journal. Have fun including your extra guest in your nightly activities. Before bedtime, encourage and assist your kinder in drawing a picture and writing a sentence about that picture inside the sleep over journal. (They will be explaining this entry to the class on the following day.)
Fill out the check list paper and return Sunggles and ALL of his belongings on the next school day.
Tomorrow is black and white day! Wear something black and white to help us celebrate our color of the week!
IT IS ALSO FAST FRIDAY! DISMISSAL IS AT 12:15PM
Our Fall Party planning has begun. We have 2 parents from our classroom that are coordinating our upcoming Fall Party. I will post a sign up sheet of the supplies needed if you would like to donate very soon.
8 volunteers may attend our party. I will be selecting 4 parents of boys and 4 parents of girls. If you get to attend our Fall Party then we will give other parents a turn at the next parties throughout the year (we will have a Holiday Party and a Valentines Day Party). Thank you for your patience and understanding of this rule.
All volunteers must have completed a Background Form and be approved.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know if you would like to volunteer to help at our party.
Today we went to the library and were able to check out books for the very first time. It was so nice that some fourth graders came to library to help us choose just the right book and find our check-out library card. Your kinder may borrow this book until next Wednesday when we go to the library again. If you are done reading the book before Wednesday, you may return the book to school. I have a library collection box for early returned books. If the book is returned, your kinder will be able to check out another book. Have fun reading and being a book lover at home!
Inside your kinder’s blue folder today is their first homework packet. This homework packet that can be worked on throughout the week and should be returned back to school by next week Wednesday. This is what it looks like…..
If it is raining in the morning when school starts what will we do?
- When the buses arrive the kinders will be escorted into the building and into my classroom. If you are following the bus you can to come to my outside door “M”.
- If you are driving your kinder you can come to door “M” and see your kinder into school at 8:40am.(this is where they will be coming in every morning).
- If you prefer to walk him/her to the school lobby and say good-bye, you may. Then, your kinder will be walked down to our classroom by staff in our building.
- Please let me know if you have any questions at email@example.com Thank you for your flexibility! Mrs. Bohl
Are you ready for school to begin? Our Kindergarten Open House is TONIGHT! This is a great way for your kinder to see our classroom and meet some of their classmates.
Please bring your kinder’s classroom supplies this evening….it will help them have a lighter backpack on the first day and it will help keep our classroom organized. Thank you!!
- Clean, inside gym shoes, labeled with your kinder’s name or initials (these shoes will be kept inside of your kinder’s cubby for gym days) Velcro helps your kinder be independent!
- 1 inch Avery WHITE (3 hole) plastic binder. Please make sure that it has a clear pocket on the front to insert a paper inside.
- Spiral notebook–wide ruled 70 count (labeled with name)
- Cuddle Buddy—A SMALL stuffed animal that will stay inside their cubby for the first few weeks of school. (labeled with name)Wish list supplies (optional items..see earlier posting)Wish list supplies (optional items..see earlier posting)
- Wish list supplies (optional items..see earlier posting)
I hope that you can visit our classroom on
Tuesday, August 20 between 6:30-7:30pm.
I can’t wait to see you!
If you are a parent from last year and your kinder is moving onto a new grade and class, please follow the instructions below to unsubscribe to this blog.
1. When you receive an email alert that the blog has been updated, scroll to the bottom of the email.
2. At the bottom, look for the option to “UNSUBSCRIBE”. Click on this and you will be all set.
Thank you again for giving me the opportunity to teach your kinder. Have a wonderful, super, great summer! Please subscribe to your first grade teacher’s blog. Mrs. Bohl 🙂
Our next party will be held on Thursday, December 20 from 2:00-3:00pm.
We have enough volunteers for our Holiday party but opportunities to donate snack items are available. Go to this google document to sign up. Thank you for being part of our second class party.
If you have any questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org