Transportation

bus

PK and Kindergarteners must ride their assigned bus all year long.  Changes in their bus ride is not allowed.  Please do not send a note or call to ask permission for your child to change busses.  This is specific for kindergarteners and it is Board of Education Policy established for the safety and security of the children.

Grades 1-5 children are allowed to change busses only if it is approved by the Transportation Director.  Parents must submit a BUS PASS to the transportation office by 10:00 am the morning of the transportation change.  Parents will be notified by 1:00 pm if the change is approved or denied.  The Grade 1-5 Bus Pass can be found here.  Should you have any questions, please contact the Transportation Department at 616-669-7757.

CHANGES IN GOING HOME

We pride ourselves in making sure that all of the children are safe at school — constantly reviewing our procedures for security.  We feel the same way about the process of sending your children home at the end of the day.  I want to make sure that every single child goes home safely each day.  

If there CHANGE in the plan for going home, you must contact me by email before 2 pm on the day of the change.  You may also send a note to school with your child.  I must hear from you by email, phone or note before 2 pm on the day of the change.  Because I am busy teaching and working with the children, this is my last opportunity to check email before the end of the school day.  

PLEASE avoid making changes mid-day and contacting school by phone.  When the office is contacted, the classroom is interrupted by intercom to inform me of the change.  This is a disruption in our learning environment.  

We understand that occasionally last minute changes do occur, however, when this becomes a pattern it is very disruptive to the classroom environment — and can cause anxiety with some children.  

Last school year, there were an average of …… changes per day that were either recorded by the teachers or the office.  Our hope is that this can be reduced this coming year.  Limited changes means consistency which also means we are less likely to make errors.  We want your child to be safe and secure after school.  

Also, please read the district BUS PASS policy so that you are well informed about the limits of changing busses.