First Day Checklist

Your kinder’s first day of kindergarten is this Tuesday, August 28! How exciting!  I know this post is long, but it has lots of important information, so please take a few moments to read it thoroughly.

Reminders for Tuesday

**Send your kinder to school wearing the name tag that was in their blue daily folder. Those are for day 1 and day 2 of school. This will help us make sure every kinder gets to the correct classroom. 

**Your kinder’s “ME Bag” with 2 items in it to help us get to know a little something about them!  Be sure to write their name on the bag.

**Gym shoes if you haven’t brought them in yet. We need them on Thursday!

**A SMALL cuddle buddy (to stay in cubby at school) to use during rest time for a few weeks.  Please do not take blankets or buddy that will be needed at night.

**TWO snacks for your kinder.  We will take time to refuel in the morning and in the afternoon.

**A water bottle labeled with your kinder’s name.  We want them to stay hydrated.

**A lunch from home or hot lunch choice. Please help your kinder make a hot lunch choice if they are planning on ordering hot lunch. There are 2 hot lunch choices each day (blue or white). Here is the link to the August/September menu for lunch options.  If needed, check out the Hudsonville Food Service website for payment information and information about setting up a hot lunch account. If your kinder will be having home lunch but ordering milk, please attached a small note on the outside of their lunch box for the first few weeks of school. This helps me and them remember they would like milk.

**Any completed paperwork that you have. Please put this in your kinder’s blue folder.  I will deliver the papers to the correct places.

**If possible, make sure that your kinder eats a good, healthy breakfast.  I know that butterflies may be fluttering inside of some tummies, so do your best. 🙂

**Extra set of clothes if you are worried about your kinder having an accident or just in case.  Keep these clothes in their backpack for whenever they may need them.

Upcoming Dates

• Tuesday, Aug. 28…1st DAY OF SCHOOL; ART; Me Bag due
  • Wednesday, Aug. 29…MUSIC
  • Thursday, Aug. 30…GYM
  • Friday, Aug. 31…NO SCHOOL
  • Monday, Sept. 3…NO SCHOOL
  • Tuesday, Sept. 4…STEAM; Addison birthday celebration
  • Wednesday, Sept. 5…ART
  • Thursday, Sept. 6…MUSIC; Rocco & Parker birthday celebration
  • Friday, Sept. 7…GYM;  Lila early birthday celebration; Wear RED!

I’m looking forward to a wonderful first day of kindergarten!  If you have any questions please email me at  kbohl@hpseagles.net . 

See you on Tuesday!  Mrs. Bohl