OUR LAST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN

Can you believe it?  Wow!  Where did the year go?  I can’t thank you enough for sharing your kinder with me this year.  It has been such a pleasure to be part of their journey!🙂

The LAST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN was so much F-U-N!!!  We played math and sight word games and sang songs we learned this year, we read books and we played with our friends on the playground and more! A great way to end kindergarten.

At the start of the day, we opened our last Countdown to Summer envelope.  It read  . We had a very special time of honoring each kinder with an award created especially for them. This award showcased how SPECIAL and UNIQUE each kinder is.  ALL of the kinders have grown and matured this year in school.  That needed to be celebrated and it was a wonderful way to end our time as a class family. The kinders also had fun looking at their Kindergarten Memory Books.  These books are filled with pages of work that they completed along with some special surprises.  I hope that as you look through your child’s book you will be filled with memories of the time spent in kindergarten.

This video showcases what fun memories we created.  I hope that you enjoy watching it. 🙂 

We have had an AMAZING year together!   

Thank you for VOLUNTEERING this year!  Whether you were a TAKE HOME reading volunteer, helped with a class party, chaperoned a field trip or a combination of them, THANK YOU!  It takes many who love and care for our kinders to give them the best, fun experiences possible.  I could not have done it without you!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR KINDER WITH ME!!  I feel so blessed to be part of your kinder’s schooling. I am so grateful for your support and encouragement that you have shown this year.  I am looking forward to seeing the friendships the kinders have made blossom as they continue to learn at Georgetown.  (I have the fantastic privilege of seeing my kinders in the hallways and maybe getting a hug or two next year!  Hooray!!):)

The kinders filled their backpacks yesterday with things that they have used in school this year.  When there is a rainy day or when your kinder says “I don’t know what to do!”, encourage them to complete pages in their math workbooks, write more stories, read books, write to 100 and beyond and create a list of popcorn words they know.  Continue to foster their love of learning, even in the summer months. 

We love our 5th grade buddies!!  They visited with us this week and celebrated our amazing sight word success.  We read books together before they made a celebration rainbow tunnel for us to run through. As we made our way to the end we collected a gold coin and a golden Rolo candy.  Then we enjoyed  a yummy popsicle treat and played together on our playground.  Thank you to all of our 5th grade buddies for helping us all year through!!  Good luck in 6th grade!!

Please refer to the Summer Activity Calendar (posted under CALENDARS at the top of our blog page) for a listing of various activities and suggestions you might want to do with your child each day or refer to the paper copies sent home. 

Have a fabulous summer!!!  Report cards will be mailed out on June 15.

Lots and lots of love,  I really do love your kinders! (Can I still call them that now that they are first graders?)  Mrs. Bohl :)